Thursday 5 September 2013

Songs and Dances of Death at the Forest

Last Saturday I witnessed the official opening of the newly refurbished Forest Recreation Ground in Nottingham. I went along to see a sneak preview of 'The Showmen' photography exhibition by David Severn (http://davidsevern.foliosites.co.uk/projects/with-the-sun-on-your-back-and-a-few-bob-in-your-pocket/) which will be shown in the Pavilion during the Goose Fair in October, but it got me thinking about my speculative Opera Project that I'd done for my degree. I realised I never updated more some of the developments that I'd made, and maybe it was time to do so.

Here are some of my collaged storyboards, showing the bonfire on Forest Fields, as the audience and opera company inhabit the field.


Now I'm not sure I'm quite up to putting on large scale, site specific operas just yet, but seeing the Forest's newly rejuvenated spaces did get me wondering... Maybe a big, procession like community event could be something I get my head around next?

No comments:

Post a Comment